Friday, June 22, 2007

Mood – It’s Friday. Boy summer has finally come to Alaska.. but so have the wild fires. There are several that are burning out of control so the smoke and haze that is hanging over Anchorage is terrible. Visablility is very limited. Apparently visablility in Kenai and up north where the fires is o.k. The wind is blowing the smoke our way. We might see the sun later today.

What I’m Doing – We won’t be going to the cabin this weekend because of the fire danger and the fire that is burning up in that area. I was thinking of going knitting tonight then garage sailing tomorrow. I need to look for a portable crib for BOO BOO. Our father’s day picnic was a success.

WIP – I’ve finished knitting the “Guide Post Charity Sweater”. Now all I have to do is sew up the seams. I wish I could have gone to the finishing class last month that the guild offered. The buttonhole purse is on hold. The hat for “Hat’s for the homeless” is done and turned in. The twisted stitch turned out just fine. Because the yarn was soft (encore) it didn’t spiral too much. I’m still working on the top down sweater for my grandson. I’m almost done with one sleeve. I just need to finish the second and add the ribbing on the sleeves and the bottom. I want to finish it so he can wear it camping. I started a wash cloth for a “take along” project. Just plain garter.. start with 4 stitch then increase every row till 44 stitch then dec. 1 stitch down to 4 stitches.

What Audio Books I’m Listen To – I’m finished “Fresh Disaster” by Stuart Woods. 4*. I need to finish “Nineteen Minutes” by Jodi Picoult. We’ll see. I listened to Alibi Man by Tami Hoag ….. 5* -excellent. Now I’m listening to “Dream When Your Young by Elizabeth Berg. She also reads this novel but I’m not too fond of her voice.
It’s a little slow.

Weather – Mostly cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 62F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

WARNING ---- KENAI PENINSULA FIRE SENDS SMOKE TO ANCHORAGE...THE CARIBOU HILLS FIRE NORTHEAST OF HOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SMOKY CONDITIONS ACROSS THE ANCHORAGE AREA THIS MORNING. SOUTH WIND DEVELOPED OVERNIGHT ACROSS THE KENAI PENINSULA AND IS SPREADING SMOKE NORTHWARD TO THE ANCHORAGE BOWL. THIS SITUATION WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE WINDS BEGIN TO SHIFT TO THE SOUTHEAST LATE THIS EVENING. AT THAT TIME SMOKE WILL BLOW AWAY FROM ANCHORAGE AND IS NOT EXPECTED TO RETURN.
Sunrise : 4:22 am Sunset: 11:43 pm

No comments :