Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Mood – It’s Friday. This is my usual day for posting. It’s a nice hot day for us. Looks like the weekend will be nice. I’m planning on going to my LYS tonight to knit. Tomorrow I think I will go garage sale…ing. The to the cabin for the day. If we don’t go to the cabin I might go to the Mentors meeting.

What I’m Doing – Been busy taking DH to the doctor’s etc. He’s not been feeling well and we’re trying to get to the bottom. Work is busy with people from out of town ordering for the season. I’ve also been helping my friend with a buttonhole purse. I helped her finish this week and I took it home and felted it for her. She’s going to like it. I thought it turned out great. The colors are allot lighter after the felting.

WIP – All done with “Guide Post Charity Sweater”. All the seams are sewn up now I just have to turn it in. It wasn’t as easy as I thought. I blocked it first then used the mattress stitch to sew up the sides. It still seems a little stiff. If I do again I will knit in the round for sure. The shoulder seam didn’t turn out like I thought. They will do. I will have to do more research next time. The buttonhole purse is still on hold. I’m still working on the top down sweater for my grandson. I plan on a major attack this weekend. I did work on the sleeves this week. I’m still working on the washcloth. I’m on my decreases so I’m over half done. I started my “Scramble socks” out of the yarn that I dyed. I call them “scrambled” because of the yarn colorway.

What Audio Books I’m Listen To – I’m finished with “Dream When Your Young by Elizabeth Berg. It's a story centered around WWII and a family with 3 young ladies and their lives while the “boys” are away at war. I’d give it a 3. I’m listening to
“Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child read by Dick Hill my favorite reader. Very good book so far.

Weather

Today: Sun and clouds mixed. High 67F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight - cloudy intervals. Low 51F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies. High 64F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 50s.
Monday: Showers possible in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 50s.

No comments :