Friday, June 02, 2006

Mood - Happy - I’m a grandma!! He’s a sweetheart…

WIP - Catie’s socks are done.. woohoo…. I mailed them yesterday and they will get there tomorrow….but….. Catie will be gone..she will be on the way to “Disney World.” I wasted $14.00 on postage. That’s a skein of ‘Touch Me”. Boo Hoo. "Happy Birthday Catie" even if you are playing with Mickey Mouse. I just hope they fit her. They sure look long. But my sister said that her foot is 9 ¼” sooooo I hope … I should have had her measure around her foot too. Next time I will have her send me a pair of her worn out socks. I cast on the first pair of slippers for my SIL while I was at the cabin and they are almost finished – I stopped at the cuff. I put them on a holder and will knit the second up to the same point. For some reason I only bought 3 skeins of yarn.. 1 tan and 2 green? I want a camouflage look but I think I better knit the other body of the slipper first. I got the yarn for Chase’s baby sweater and will work on the sleeves. I don’t like how long and wide they are. I put the sweater on him and he has a way to grow. I hope to finish the "Ribwarmer" with the I Cord around the edge. I only have the right front top to finish and sew at the shoulder .. then finish. I’m signed up for a class for making a enterlac purse. I already bought the kit. The teacher is the same as the “Ribwarmer” so I can always get help from her with my vest if I get stuck.

What I’m Doing - I will finish up the flower beds – almost done. We had a very warm weekend and holiday. It was the hottest Memorial we had in years. We even had a very serious forest fire. It’s finally raining and we need it, or rather the flowers and the ground does. My FIL arrives tomorrow for the summer.

What Audio Books I’m Listen To - “In Cold Blood” by Turman Capote. I thought this would be a little dry…. I read while I was in school. It’s allot better than I thought. 4* so far. I finished “Two Little Girls in Blue” by Mary Higgins Clark. I’d give it a 3*. I also finished “Girls in Pants” The third summer of the sisterhood by Ann Brashares .5*. I finish “Beach Road” by James Patterson while at the cabin. I like the ending.. it’s different than I expected but that's James Patterson for you. I rate it a 4*. Next up "Blue Shoes".


Weather - High 53 Showers . Tonight Cloudy with a few showers. Low 46F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Weekend - Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s.


No comments :